I am quite new to blogging, so it never crossed my mind that I would ever be nominated for an award. However, thanks to a fellow foodie/travel blogger of the lovely blog A Kitchen Fable, I received a nomination for the Liebster Award.
This award is great because it helps promote relatively new bloggers with less than 200 followers and is a great way to gain exposure and discover other fellow bloggers in your community. Here are the rules in a nutshell:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link back to their blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers and write about each one.
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you.
- Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog.
It is proving difficult to find ten relatively new bloggers, so for now I will nominate five for 2016:
- Healthy Indian Kitchen: A fellow foodie blogger, the author (whom I believe is named Lisa?) is a enthusiastic writer. She seems very passionate about all things relating to food and has a warm and energetic spirit. She shares with her follow readers great recipes along with delicious, mouthwatering pictures of her dishes with a Healthy Indian Kitchen twist.
- (Chick)peas and Understanding: I randomly stumbled onto this blog today. The author is a young Swedish girl currently residing in Scotland. She writes about a mish-mash of different things, including “food, travel, DIY projects and photography along with an occasional rant”. She appears to be living life how she wants, despite the traditional pressures and expectations of society. It’s a reminder to take time and do what makes you happy, not what society dictates!
- Momandsisters: The author is Korean and is writing in another language, which is an awesome feat. The blog is filled with many arts, crafts and beautiful Korean dishes and recipes which makes me reminisce about my travels to South Korea.
- Kristina’s Daily Beauty: This looks like a relatively new blog about all things beautiful in life, including travel and food (my two favourite things!). Though it is mainly about beauty products, it’s an interesting read.
- Camera with an Appetite: There are only a handful of postings for this blog, but what they have posted so far are beautiful pictures with delicious looking recipes. Cathy and Andrew are a duo team that cook and take pictures themselves. Great work so far!
My responses to my ten questions:
- Favorite TV show? – Gotham.
- If you could have a conversation with anyone (even in the past) who would it be? – Julia Child. She seems to be an oddball, yet interesting and humble.
- Weirdest dish you’ve ever eaten? – Oh where do I start….I’ll go with beondegi (silk worms in South Korea).
- Dream vacation with no money limits? – To travel and eat my way through the world.
- Pet peeve? – Traffic jams.
- What is the quality you admire the most in someone? – Honesty.
- Why did you start blogging? – I love food and travelling so much that I needed an outlet so I wouldn’t drive my family and friends insane!
- Which 3 books would you bring with you if stuck on an island? – House of Leaves, Illustrated Man and Haroun and the Sea of Stories.
- What dish can you eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? – I love a good, super cheesy lasagna.
- Which Disney character would you love to replace? – I’m not sure. I’m so out of touch with the movie world.
My 10 questions for those I have nominated:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Name one meal you wouldn’t mind eating everyday for the rest of your life.
- List the last five things you bought at the grocery store.
- What are the top three countries you would like to travel to?
- If you could live somewhere for a year, where would it be and why?
- What is one thing you have been meaning to try?
- What is your favourite way of de-stressing?
- What is the best piece of advice you ever got?
- If you had a personal slogan, what would it be?
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Happy blogging to all!