Wow! Since I slowed down from daily blogging to focus on some future plans/travels, I didn’t think many would notice my sudden change. Well, Hellen Die from Dark Food to Die For (Necro Nom Nom Nomicon) proved me wrong! Not only did she notice, she nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award despite the change. I feel special. And fancy, no?
We all have a dark side. I’d recommend succumbing to her entertainingly devilish remarks and dark humour where Halloween is (as it should be) every day. Her posts are awesome and off the rails, but it’s what I enjoy about her blog! She is creative, has a unique perspective on things and an awesome talent in writing. Plus, she’s a pro that works in the entertainment/film industry (like her stint at Z Nation). Who knows who or what will pop up. Celebrities? Zombies? Vampires? – Preferably the non-sparkly Twilight kind (ew)! In fact, here’s her puppy with George R.R. Martin:
And if that’s not enough to entice you, she posts a random assortment of goodies – ranging from spooky looking treats to eerie looking décor for your manor. She’s a talented one. Just remember when all of Hollywood is chasing after her to work with them, you heard about her here first!
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the seven questions your nominator has provided.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and create 7 questions for them.
Nom Nom Nominator’s Questions:
- What is the most recent food photo you took with your phone and why?
- I’m not going to lie; most of my food photos are off my phone because my camera is too big and flashy for a restaurant outing/food hunt. Unless I’m travelling. If I’m travelling, all bets are off and my tourist immunity applies from judgment.
- Tell me about your most vivid dream.
- I wake up knowing my dreams are crazy, but I couldn’t recall them if I tried.
- What is your favorite monster movie?
- Do shark movies count because I like shark movies. They make my friends jump and me laugh. Otherwise, Stir of Echoes. I should note I’m several decades behind in the movie world.
- Tell me about your best summer ever.
- Any summer that is jam packed full of travelling and camping with awesome friends is a good summer to me. I’m simple like that.
- If you were trapped on an island for a year and could only have 3 things with you…what would those 3 things be?
- To be practical or not practical for this one? An endless supply of paper to draw/write on, pens/pencils and a year’s worth of lasagna. Maybe I should’ve added sunscreen and bug spray somewhere.
- Quick: Cats or dogs? Why?
- How about a catdog? I love the independence and cruel sense of humour of a cat, but I love the cuteness and loyalty of a puppy. Can’t go wrong with a catdog. Best of both worlds.
- What do you know now as a blogger that you wish you knew when you first started?
- That a food blog would eat so much of my time (see what I did there?). And a lot of people start a blog and stop after a week which makes me sad. They’re missing out!
My Nominations for this award:
Although I think there are so many wonderful bloggers out there, here are just seven (because the rules say I can only pick 7!) nominations for this award in random order:
- Lithuanian in the USA: At first, I started following Liucija (aka Lucy) because of her drool-worthy pictures of food. This is because she wrote in – what I could only decipher as – Lithuianian. Then I realized, “scroll further down!”(duhh). I don’t know anything about Lithuiania other than being a small country in Europe, but this is a good start into her culinary world.
- The Shameful Sheep: One word – hilarious. I can’t emphasize that enough. Blair comes up with the most random things and somehow always makes it funny. If you need a chuckle, this is the place to be.
- Coniferes & Feuillus – A fellow Canadian, Annika has beautiful pictures, beautiful stories and a beautiful personality. She says she’s a newbie to food photography, but she had me fooled!
- Tasty Eats – Exactly what the blog name says, Ronit does a great job showcasing his talent of tasty eats with tasty pictures and tasty recipes. Yum!
- Tracey O’Brien – A lovely blog about food and recipes with lifelike pictures that just make you salivate.
- Estonian Cuisine – Eesti Toit – Just like Lithuanian in the USA, I am clueless about Estonian culture, food, etc. Another great blog to take a peek into the world of another culture.
- P&N – which stands for “Pan and Nell” is a husband/wife duo from Japan and Malaysia. P&N is a relatively new blog, but I can see it has a bright future. Like me, they like to eat and travel.
- What is your most favourite dish in the world?
- If you were an animal, which one and why? (Sorry, been watching a lot of National Geographic lately)
- What’s on your top 3 countries to travel to bucket list?
- If you could make one change in the world, what would that be?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What advice would you give to other bloggers about blogging?
- What inspires/motivates you in life?
To see some of my previous awards and nominations, check out Liebster Award, Blogger Recognition Award and Sunshine Blogger Award – not as shameless self promotion, but to look at the awesome blogs I have previously nominated!